Monday 31 December 2018

Were you a trainer before?


The best compliments are those that are not spelt out or spoken; they are implied between the lines. Wink.


I like to "read" people.  It started out as part of the requirement for doing sales, but it quickly turned into a hobby.

Yesterday, a husband and wife couple were checking out some kitchen appliances. After some foreplay, I casually asked the husband if he was working in the Food and Beverage industry? I complimented him he's very knowledgable about the appliances!



Press pause button.

Fellow snake oils will know what technique I'm using. 

Female readers who are skilled at influencing men are probably laughing out now. 

"Bang, you so clever!"

"Wow! You so very de strong!"

"Oppa, why others can't, but you can?"


There's usually a follow up statement but I don't share. Don't worry girls, I won't spoil our "bawu" :)



Press play button.

The husand replied he's a chef in one of the 5-star hotels in Singapore. Ah! No wonder!

What happened next was not according to script...

The husband asked me whether I were a trainer before?

My smile was brigher and sunnier than my bald head!

LOL!


OK, as a chef, he's managing people too. 

Both of us were smiling and nodding our heads.



It felt good. 

Its always nice to get acknowledgement from your peers.


You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl... 

I am glad the country is still within me. Wink.










6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year SMOL! Onwards!

    (Lol, I always comment off-topic to your post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unintelligent Nerd,

      And I write blog posts that have nothing with HOW to achieve financial freedom ;)

      LOL!

      Delete
  2. 虽然行业不同,但英雄识英雄, ha!
    Oh yes, please write more of what you're already doing in this new year. Happy new yr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin,

      Shepherd meets shepherd ;)


      I get to meet all kinds of people during the weekends - the Good, the Bad, and the downright Ugly ones.

      I'll share more whenever there's a chance :)


      Cheers to the New Year!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...