Friday 28 February 2020

OK, that escalated quickly!


Wow!

US markets savage or what this week?

Two -3% down days and one -4% big move last night.

Didn't matter.

I lost money this week!?



I'm not mad or flustered. (OK, seeing the Simsci gap down 9 points pre-market this morning without me sucks)

Of course it helps I've made some kopi money from the previous 2 weeks.

2 weeks win; 1 week lose. Oh well...



I've discovered something quite useful (never let a loss go to waste).

My Method does not work too well in high intraday volatile markets. 

I mean I already knew I hated one day up, one day down kind of market moves; my Method still can handle them. That's not the problem.

The problem is when intraday, the market have big swings back and forth...



Of course the problem is easily solved by having wider stops, or even no stops at all?

Hello. 

I don't think I would want to mess with a Method that has helped me made $10 from $1 so hastily...

Have you noticed both gold and silver went down last night despite the -4% US market loss?

Oh, sure, Dollar/Yen went down this week acting like it would as a safe haven trade, but not without first profit stopping me out last week when it zoomed to 112!? (Lucky never lose money, but still...)



This week is something else...

Its as if the different asset classes are taking turns to exact maximum humiliation and damage to me.

LOL!



I will sit today out.

I can't control the market moves; I can control whether I want to play or not. Wink.

Back to sharpening the saw.



Must reflect and review how I can do better in these kind of markets. 

Or maybe stay the hell out the next time?





  









5 comments:

  1. Hi SMOL,

    "The problem is when intraday, the market have big swings back and forth...
    Of course the problem is easily solved by having wider stops, or even no stops at all?" This was exactly what happened to me and my Alibaba trades during the trade war period!

    I have learnt a few things. And am putting those few things to use this round, although I think it's still pretty much in experimental phase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow girl,

      We are not alone.

      I believe quite a few - especially those who started after 2009 - have discovered gravity or what is volatility ;)


      When markets move back and forth widly intrady, it meant both bulls and bears are having a go at each other.

      This week, the bulls (buy-the-dippers) were overwhelmed by the bears and have capitulated.

      Next week should be intersting!


      P.S. When we still can "profit" from our losses, there's still game in us ;)

      We have yet to reach our "chop fingers" capitulation point...

      LOL!

      Delete
    2. Yesterday was another wild night when the bull chased the initial bear off as many tickers end the day with green candles or long bottom wicks.

      Next week shall be interesting.

      Back to sharpening my saw too. :P

      Delete
  2. So ironic.
    We want volatility but get scared by "too much" volatility. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow girl,

      That's why only Earth got life in our solar system ;)

      Too hot, too cold... Life cannot "tahan"....

      LOL!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...