Friday 18 March 2011

If I have one wish


That's me trying to soar in the padi fields of Guilin, China. Sept 2008

If we have one wish, what would you wish for?

Would you wish for long life, good health, or more money?

I have but one simple wish.

That’s the ability to fly!

How I would like to soar up high like the eagles to the mountain peaks.

To fly across continents like the wild migrating geese.

And to hover like the humming birds amongst the flowers.

Yes, that’s what I would wish for.

Why do men have such fascination for flight? Is it because we can be closer to our creator?

Or by having a bird’s eye view of all things, our mundane day to day troubles all seem so insignificant…..

Yes, if only I have one wish.


1 comment:

  1. It's cool this web 2 thing. Glad I took the plunge to try it out last Christmas!

    I've posted my poems and prose at this US website:
    http://www.voicesnet.com/

    It's so interesting to exchange views and opinions from netizens all over the world. We cheer each other on - that's sweet! (OK! That's me trying to talk american)

    Below are 2 comments from that website:

    Chibuzor Ikemenogo: Would love to fly too, feeling the wind blowing through my hair. Lovely poem.
    Nigeria 3/18/2011 5:14:23 AM

    Danny Coon: Nice - It seemes that even in my dreams I'm always walking. USA 3/18/2011 1:52:24 AM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...