Friday 7 January 2011

El Condo Pasa - my aspirations and outlook on life




Inspired by a remark from La Papillion recently.  Here's the song the song I am referring to in my "About me".  I forgot younger readers may not know this song of my generation.

I didn't fully understand the meaning of the words until I hit 40.  Then it became clear to me.  It has helped me on my journey towards being the Singapore Man of Leisure ever since.

By the way, Jared Leto's "Closer to the edge"' MTV below is my recent favourite (I still watch MTV OK!?) Especially at the end when one of his fan says: "Some people pray, I turn up the radio."

Now that's grass-root poetry!


3 comments:

  1. Hi SMOL,

    Oh, I've heard that one by simon and garf...just that I do not know the name, haha :)

    I prefer the second one though :) Nice lyrics...and rather catchy. I like the beats of the music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SMOL

    Music is something that reflects our personality and stage of life. When I was young(er), I listened to Power 98, 98.7 and even before MediaCorp Radio got their act together, Radio Batam Zoo 101.6 which were much better than the Radio 1 or whatever MediaCorp had then.

    As I grow older, I'm more into classical music when driving on weekends with my family but into K/J-pop for my own consumption.

    I once heard this quote from the conductor of an orchestra on classical 92.4,
    "Without music, I don't want to live."

    Indeed. :-)

    Be well and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PanzerGrendier,

    I share your sentiments. I am now re-discovering Enya and Hokkien songs. Now that's a combination!

    Some of the newer Hokkien songs today have a lot of depth. Both in lyrics and musical arrangement :)

    Hmmm. Maybe should post 1 hokkien song and test the response!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...