Horizontal links

Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Boxing day in Athens

Took a walk yesterday on Boxing Day downtown in Athens.

Most shops were closed, but there were lots of street vendors and performers, together they created a bit of carnival atmosphere here.  Loads of people on the streets. Families with children, lovers, and groups of friends.  I am the lone Chinese man......

Ever felt alone in a crowd?  I guess holidays do bring out the "missing home" feeling in me.  It's a bittersweet feeling.  I miss mom (OK, I am a mama's boy.  There, I've said it!)

The good news is that soon it will be Chinese New Year in 5 weeks' time.  Have been saving my vacation days for my longest vacation to date: 4 weeks for my home leave in Singapore.  I will also take 5 days to visit my brother and sis-in-law in Guangzhou, China.

Family.

Anyone out there like me working alone overseas; away from friends family?  Do share your thoughts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...