Monday 3 January 2022

Yet Another Money Losing Year!

 

They say 3 strikes and we're out!


Lucky owner of the trading fund is also me.  

If not, I would have fired myself as CTA (commodity trading advisor) for my futures account! 

I can't even beat those 1M65 CPF "eunuchs" (no baxxs)!? Talk about "malu" (shame)...


I lost 10 cents this year. 

Started 2021 with $10.88; ended the year with $10.78.

Or in percentages, its - 0.0092%

Had to use precision at 4 decimal places, if not can't even see the difference!


Normally I would have considered it a "flat" year - no win, no lose.

But that would be unfair to those long suffering victims whom I've poked in the past - especially the 1M65 CPF people. Wink.

Don't say I not sporting OK? Poke away!


I got 金钟罩,铁布衫; no worries.

Folks who like to throw rocks at glass houses must always be prepared for the blowback!




2021 - Down -0.0092% (Eh... I think I'm still going in the wrong direction...)

2020 - Down -3.5% (This got to stop!)

2019 - Down -3% (Smack to the face. In your dreams! Recover your head!)

2018 - Up 6% (Road to recovery?)

2017 - Down -8% (Opps!)

2016 - Up 13%... (Shy, Shy, Shy - Yes, its from K-Pop Twice's Cheer Up MV)

2015 - Up 88% (Double happiness!)

2014 - Tripled it! (Godlike!)

2013 - Doubled my trading account (Rampage!)






For context:

Another Money Losing Year - This Got To Stop!



OK, need to visit Waterloo Street Kwan Im Ma for celestial help, even though I'm atheist...

Now that's capitulation!

LOL!















10 comments:

  1. Smol,

    Nevermind, your main investment portfolio should still be seeing healthy gains. ;)

    As for trading portfolio there's always hope of mean reversion. :P

    Short term trading is mainly a play on sentiments, and a bigger proportion of market participants are getting younger with different mentality from us oldies. We gotta think like 20-somethings, else we will only do well in once-in-20-years black swans. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spur,

      80% of the funds for this trading account is in USD; the balance 20% in SGD.

      On the 27 Dec Monday, this account was "up" at $10.92.

      When the USD started to weaken through Friday, I knew I had to change this parody post from a profit of 4 cents or 0.0037% ROI to a loss of 10 cents or 0.0092%...

      But hey! The poke is intact ;)



      As my own cheerleader, I can easily put a "positive" spin on it,

      "I've made progress over last year! From -3.5% to - 0092%; that's moving in the right direction!"

      LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hi SMOL,

    Happy New Year to you!

    Capitulation?

    Hmm... You still haven't flipped over to the "dark side" - high volatility crypto trading.

    Kidding. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow girl,

      Happy New Year to you too!

      I find it strangely odd that I'm standing on the same side as Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger when it comes to cryptos!?

      I've nothing in common with these old fogeys...

      Then it struck me; I'm a old fogey too!

      LOL!


      But then again, how many old fogeys use 10X leverage speculating with futures?

      Although I'm not into cryptos, we have a lot more in common versus those 1M65 save more folks ;)


      Delete
  3. Hi Smol

    Happy New Year to you!

    Don't know why, but I read your this post from bottom to up for each sentence, and it all connects the dots somehow haha especially from 2013 to 2021 onwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2018 to now, STI has been pretty much flattish except the covid market plunge in 2020 which had promptly recovered.

      2015 I recalled was actually a bad year for stocks, but SMOL managed to rake in 88% return.

      Hmm... there must be something in that 3 magical years which didn't repeat itself. I can't seem to connect the dots though.

      Delete
    2. Small Time Investor,

      A wonderful New Year to you too!

      I changed the sorting order from previous years' posts to make it clearer.

      Glad you spotted it ;)

      Its the broken clock strategy - one day I'll be right!

      LOL!

      Delete
    3. Rainbow girl,

      Nothing magical.

      For investing, being "early" can be good!

      In trading, "early" is the same as being wrong ;)


      Delete
  4. Good thing about 1M65; there is no such thing as losing years; it only goes up on 1 Jan - Happy CPF Interests Day and 1M65 Up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW,

      It works just as long you put your head in the ground and avoid reading the CPI figures ;)

      I mean Nov 2021 CPI at 3.8% is just "transitory"...

      "Look everyone! I made 4% from CPF last year! We all pretend 3% inflation is not real OK?"


      We got to ask ourselves WHY we started "investing" in the first place?

      If savings can solve all our financial worries, indeed WHY risk money on stocks, ETFs, properties, cryptos, bonds, gold, robo-funds, etc???


      During the deflationary years in Japan, we really don't have to invest...

      Not when cash just gets bigger and bigger every year, and everything just cost less and less!!!

      But in Singapore?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...