Friday 21 October 2011

Known and Unknown?

1. I know what I know – now that’s easy! 


2. I know what I don’t know – it’s more a simple matter of whether I want to spend effort to remedy the situation.

For eg: I don’t know calculus, but I have no desire or have any incentive to learn it.

I don’t know Japanese, but I have a big incentive to learn it! I have a thing for porcelain white (SKII?) “cherry blossoms” in pretty pretty kimonos – so kawaii!


3. I don’t know what I know – OK, this is a bit tricky; but it’s still easy to remedy.

Remedy: Expose myself to new experiences! Try new things. Meet new people. (Hey! You married men; it’s not an excuse to have mistresses! Zip up!)

Sometimes I give myself pleasant surprises on the “hidden” talents or skills that I never knew I had in me.

Like after too many meaningless business meetings, I can “space out” with my eyes open. And if someone asked me a question, I will I arrow my other sleeping colleague: “That’s interesting… What do you think Peter?” LOL!


4. I don’t know what I don’t know – now here’s a killer. Talk about blind-spot!

More often than not, it’s frequently after the fact that I figure out what I don’t know what I don’t know. Huh?

For eg: I thought I can market time the market by reading charts. After being kicked around and suffering multiple whiplashes, now I realize that I didn’t know that I have no clue about charting and market timing!!!

I thought I knew, but I didn’t know that actually I don’t know what I don’t know. Say what?  

I pray some enlighten souls out there can help me out. How do you overcome this I don’t know what I don’t know in advance?



7 comments:

  1. Hi SMOL,

    I don't know what I don't know. This is bliss. ;p

    My thoughts: A frog in a well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello AK,

    Yes, it can be bliss in one sense.

    On the other hand, I would love to know as early as possible if I now have early signs of cancer in my body. Rather than live in bliss until I get a medical report that my cancer is in the terminal stage. Yucks! And choy!

    Wait! I now change my mind. I am with you. It's better I don't know that I don't know I am a rambling idiot! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SMOL,

    I have always loved this statements. Particularly the one where "I don't know what I know." - signs of forgetfulness and old age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jared

    The more I am invested in the stock market, the more unknown unknowns there are and I am more aware of how easy it is to have one's capital take significant losses if I grows over-confident on one's own estimation and prediction of market risks.

    It takes a certain level of maturity and humility to adopt the beginners' mindset to admit that we don't know as much as we think we do. With that, I am increasingly finding it interesting to talk to people about their areas of interest because it helps me understand more about life and things in general.

    Be well and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you do not need to know, you will solve the equation.

    why do you need to know? thats the question you need to ask yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Hello FF,

    I have a fantasy that what I know has been wiped out by Men-in-black. One day, a wizard will come and restore me to what I really am: a dragon rider! LOL!


    2) Cheers Panzer!

    And that's why I stalk your blog for inspirations on life experiences that I may never have ;)


    3) Hey Coconut!

    I understand what you are saying completely!!!

    But then, I may be still stuck in my I think I know but I actually have no clue what talking you stage!?

    How's that for taiji back to you? LOL! (I more buddhist kung fu than Taioist. So I think I "golden bell" back to you!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha say only, sometime i still think i know everything.

    but it did make sense. life itself does not need to know in order to survive.

    there is a different between wanted to know what life is and what human is. the answer may lies "seeing things not using our eyes".

    but again "wanted to know" make us such superior beings as a whole, but make us such stupid traders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...