Thursday 28 July 2011

Peeling the Onion

First of all, I must thank all the recent readers who have given me feedback and got me back on track.

I thought my early posts were self-indulgent crap, and I had to be a little more "proper". That resulted in my "bombed" post on the Man-son-mule story. It's very contrived and artificial. Somehow, my stomach had a feeling something is not right, that's why I asked for the feedback. I have unbalanced myself.

As you can see from my recent posts, I am back! I just have to be myself. Don't take myself too seriously. Self-indulgent as self-indulgent can be!

I've realised that in some situations, we need to have context and perspective when reading blogs. The same words can mean different things to different people - depending on our past experiences and background.

This inspiration I got from Musicwhiz's post: Functional versus Status Items

Go to the comments. I've never seen so many men discuss so much on shoes! LOL!

I do glean a lot from what a person wears or buys. Its not surprising to me that MW is a value investor! His investment strategy is aligned with his outlook on life. That's harmony!

That's why I would like to start another "interest" tab where I will call it "Peeling the Onion".

This name was the result from a dialogue with La Papillion at his blog. I just thought this name is way cooler than "About me" or "My story continues". Thanks LP!

I will open up my "Johari window" bit by bit. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. "crap" are better, be yourself.

    miss that post, will write it here,

    "be a rich poor man, and not a poor rich man." - coconut (hey i have not hear ppl say it before haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Coconut!

    Hey!I just googled your quote. No one has used it before. You have come up with an original!

    Next time I can share your wisdom with another confused soul -

    According to Coconut: "Be a rich poor man, and not a poor rich man."

    Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...