Monday 17 January 2011

Help from experienced blogger to newbie

I would like to share a very positive weekend experience I had with Derek from http://thefinance.sg/

As I've only been blogging for less than 4 weeks, I was curious how Derek was able to automatically post blogs from other Singapore Finance bloggers into his website.

Derek was very patient and answered my questions in simple layman English.  And with genuine interest to help a newbie out.  I felt very good!  He could have brushed me off by asking me to come back in 12 months time when I have more blogging track record.....

As my blog is not a Finance focused blog, I was afraid to ask Derek to include my blog into his list of authors.  Imagine having my favourite songs or poem posts appearing in http://thefinance.sg/!?

But Derek found a way for me to post directly in his blog - he even gave me a "post only" account!  That's how I was able to post my "Rent or Buy" article in hig blog.  Now that's cool!

I would recommend other more experienced Finance bloggers to take contact with Derek to have your blog included in his authors list.  Spread the love!

For other non-Finance bloggers who have the urge to post Finance related posts once in a while, I would encourage you to have a chat with Derek.  If I can do it, so can you!  Its very simple!  Really!

Thanks Derek!

P.S.  It was a fun weekend for me.  Played with Linkwithin and Feedburner widgets.  To use the lingo of my friend's daughters, I was "pimping" my blog!  Well, at least that what they meant by "pimping" their Nintendo DS - add accessories!

3 comments:

  1. Hi SMOL,

    Haha, Derek is most kind indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SMOL

    The interesting thing about blogging is that you get involved in a community of like-minded people on topics in common.

    We can have different views but we are linked by the technology (blogging tools such as blogger, wordpress and hosting) and by our interest to connect and share :-)

    Enjoy your blogging experience.

    Be well and prosper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...